Addiction Expert Forum
Need to know

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Need to know

Can you die from Percocet withdraw? I been taking them for over a year n five months now usually take 8 a day if my pains bad I take ten but not often I'm very cautious about meds n how much I take !! I am running low on my meds and will be out before due time for refill yes my dr knows he's the one told me to take more cuz my neck was swollen but like I said ill be out soon and I'm scared that ill die if I abruptly stop them plz help me I need to know can I die from that
Someone plz help me!!!!
Ugh I give up this site doesn't help !! I ask a question n get no response! Lovely guess the saying is true in the end there's nobody there to help u
I don't know if you can or not. But I didn't die from Fentanyl withdrawal even though I wanted to. But I was only on it for 2 weeks before my body was hooked and I had to do a slow taper off after having a grand mal seizure. I'd tell your doctor what has happened if you are about to go cold turkey especially since you are taking it for pain control. Sounds to me like your body got used to the dose and you needed a high dose. I'm not a doctor...just an angry person who has wasted the last four months getting off of a drug prescribed immediately post op that was totally unnecessary.
No, you will not die.  It is a long story but I ended up in the hospital with a severe infection and the emerg Dr missed it but saw I was on Percocet and Methadone for my AS.  They immediatly thought I was trying to kill myself???   Anyway they took away my Percocet (and I was taking more than 10/day) and for the next 10 days I never slept from the withdrawl (withdrawal) and my muscles twitched and kicked so bad I had to use muscle relaxants every now and then,  Finally I got over it and was fine.  I was fighting a bigger deal for my life when they finally found the infection was in my bones, which means it was in my system for a while, so it was not the best time to be yanked off of it cold turkey.  So if you don't want it anymore go ahead,  FWIW I just am ending 2 weeks of going cold turkey at 170mg of methadone.  This has been harder.  I am about to go on Suboxone. (I am still not sure that it is the answer to long term pain control, but alot of people that are on it seem to like it)

Good luck with your decision