Addiction Expert Forum
Outpatient Rehab

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Outpatient Rehab

I have been in outpatient rehab for 2 weeks now since being pulled over for a DUI.   I am going voluntarily right now and have been sober since the 6th of July when it happened.   I went to the bar with friends last night and only drank soda.  My parents flipped out.  I am 30 years old and understand the huge mistake that I have made.  This is not something I'm going to do all the time, but since everything happened I'm working 2 jobs and putting in 10 hours of rehab. .  .  I wanted to see them all.   I feel like I need to talk with them at rehab but my parents said if I do I will get kicked out.  My parents only know because they were driving past my house all night looking for me.   Will I get kicked out?   I want to take a drug test!!
There should not be a reason why you should get kicked out for drinking soda. You are going voluntarily and all you want is to be honest and some support. You should be proud of yourself.
Thank you.   I called the counselor to meet early tonight.   I don't think it is healthy that my parents are driving around my house at 2 in the morning standing in my front yard calling me a lowlife and alcoholic.   I need to recover for me and I have never had the best relationship with my parents since they don't have any respect for me and take credit for everything good in my life and credit for fixing everything wrong.  I have already learned so much about myself in just a week of rehab and I believe I need to go through this without them.  It is just hard to think that knowing my parents, this could end our relationship.  I have to do what is best for me though.  They told me I lie to them because I don't tell them my plans and everything I'm doing, yet they told me not to tell anyone at rehab I was in a bar.   How is rehab going to help if I don't tell them things?  Why is it okay to "lie" (as my mom calls it) to rehab but they scream at me like a child when I don't tell them something?