Addiction Expert Forum
Panadol
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Panadol

Over the years, i have battled anxiety and depression. Around 5years ago if not more, id be getting many headaches, aches etc due to contant worrying.
I came accross Panadol. I would take them just to relieve headaches and pains. But started to get addicted to them, could take up to 6 a day, never overdosing on them and i would never take more then 8 in a 24 hour period.
I dont take them as much as i used to, maybe 2 a day, very rarely 4 in one day. I take them for no reason at times, but i feel like if i take them i will be ok? I know it sounds stupid. I have tried to come off them, i did for about two weeks, and my anxiety got worse and i startedtaking them again. I am on medication for depression and anxiety .
I have been to the doctor a few times about my addiction,  but cant help cause they arent co-codamol. But also was worried about my liver, they said cause ive never overdosed and dont take that many my liver would be ok. And not to worry? I have been doing this 5-6years, and am worried about my liver. I have a yeloowish glow to my skin just above my eye, not in the whites, but just under my eyebrow.
I want to get better. I freak out so much if it looks more yellow. If i stop now, would my liver be ok?  Just wish somone would listen to me and try and help me.
1684282 tn?1410976195
You should check your liver function. Paracetamol is not addictive, but can be toxic to the liver if taken in larger doses than 4000 mg a day especially for prolonged periods of time.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703