Addiction Expert Forum
Pharmacy refuse refill

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Pharmacy refuse refill

I've been on pain management for for 4 yrs now and always refill my Meds at the same two pharmacies. I take norco and today my dr called in my Meds and the pharmacy said I've been on them too long and will no longer refill them.

I understand they are careful but why after 4 yrs? Is that typical? Why would my dr keep prescribing them if it is excessive use? Is my dr being irresponsible? I'm really worried that I'm being flagged as a bad person. I need to know what to do
That is not usual. Something is going on that you might not be aware of. For a pharmacist to go over a doctors order , he has to have cause. Try talking to your doctor or even the pharmacist. Ask for the reasons behind the action. Is just not that simple, it sound like there is more to the story that they are not telling you.
What could it be? What do you mean by more to the story?