Addiction Expert Forum
Still need this question answered!!!!!!!!

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Thank you for responding. I noticed that the information that you provided me with is the same for many people. In reading the forums I have noticed that no one seems to have been on pain meds for quite as long as me.
My concern is that I do not yet know if the taper plan will work for me (although if this is the best way then I will try) and so that is why I am considering cold turkey.
****************IF I SHOULD CHOOSE TO DO THIS COLD TURKEY WOULD IT BE DANGEROUS FOR ME??????****************************************AND WHAT KINDS OF THINGS SHOULD I EXPECT OR WATCH FOR/BE CAREFUL OF?????
Sincerely and in Gratitude,
Marc
Marc,

How can one assures your safety throughout withdrawal without any knowledge of your health and history. How withdrawal affects people is a combination of factors. I can tell you the UISUALLY is not lethal , but how severe it will be and if you are safe doing it on your own is impossible and would be irresponsible to answer.
Things you should watch for are usually blood pressure spikes, fast heart rate and too much loss of fluids ( vomits and or diarrhea). Those are usually the symptom that can become more serious issues.
I truly hope this helps.
Thank you...
I was on pain med for 3 years then got pregnant. This is what I had to do. Don't just stop taking them all in one. You need to wing urself off of them. Depending on how many you take a day, start by taking one less then a few days later take one more less. Then a week later take one more less. Do that every week. Take one less till you are down to only taking one a day then break it in half and take a half a day for a few days, then skip a day or two, then stop. I hope this helps. This is what my OB helped me do and it worked. No DT's or nothing, I was great :) Good luck to you