Addiction Expert Forum
TIME for CHANGE, need advice please...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

TIME for CHANGE, need advice please...

I have been on Suboxone for a little over 2 years now, before that I had been abusing my pain meds (percs and vics) for about 41/2 years. When I started Suboxone, I was very pleased with the results, had no cravings and had no problems adjusting to it. NOW, Im ready to change my life and get off this crutch in my life. However, I am scared, terrified really of withdrawals. I am recently down to 6mg of Suboxone a day. I feel fine during the day, but around bedtime I start to feel a little bit agitated. I choose to ignore it tho. My question is, am I really ready to get off? I do believe my mind is strong enough not to relapse, but Im just really scared to feel the horrible withdrawals Ive read about. I also dont have the TIME to allow my body to withdraw and heal. I am a FULL time Paralegal and a FULL time mother of 5 children. I have absolutely no time for ME, wherein I would be able to adjust. How can I do this? How can I get this done quick enough, but slow enough for my body to accept the change? Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
2126606_tn?1346348724
Dear roxmom,  you have detoxifications in hospitals where this can be safely done in 5 days or you can speak with your prescribing doctor about titrating you really slowly. Every patient is different and how they feel through withdrawal is based oon each individual as well.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now