Addiction Expert Forum
The body recovering from addiction/use
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The body recovering from addiction/use

A little background information. I'm a male in early 20's. During my teenage years I suffered a bout of depression. My coping mechanism was overdose on diphenhydramine. I would take about 200-500 mg (2-10 times reccomended dose), and did so probably 30 times. (doses that vary in between what I've stated. Higher end of spectrum probably 5 times, usually lower end). I've suffered prostate damage. Scar tissue I believe. My main concern is my heart. I've had an EKG done, with clean results. Would any medical professionals consider a follow up? Any thing else I should have done?

Will my body repair itself since I've been clean for 5 years? I noticed on a website blockage was leading cause of long term diphenhydramine death. At the time I didn't care, but now I consider my family and want a clean bill of health. I don't do any drugs, exercise (cardio) as much as possible. I just don't want my mistakes from my past screwing me out of a long healthy life (unless I've already done so, which would be sad. Not that I care about my health selfishly, I just want my family to have the best possible quality life, and I provide a role which without me they wouldn't function to their fullest).

Thank you all and God Bless!

Additional Details
*I did have to go to the emergency room one time because I had an inability to urinate. Still have mild prostate discomfort.
1684282_tn?1350782543
Why don't you get a urology check up. Otherwise it sounds like you are doing well.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now