Addiction Expert Forum
Tramadol and zopiclone

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Tramadol and zopiclone

Having managed to come down slowly off tramadol (9years taken 50mg 8 per day) Got  Down to 3 a day before Christmas , then 2 a day in jan and 1 a day feb . It is now 14 days without a single tramadol but the 5mg of zopiclone I have taken every night for the last year whilst reducing has suddenly turned the opposite affect on me .. Twitching, restless legs and real bad total insomnia ! .. I don't get it as to why this is happening .. Take the zopiclone and within half an hour I am a demented twitching, pacing the floor insomniac with the worst electric type shocks going thru me...why the hell is this happening it has been hell getting off the tramadol and now I feel back to square one with the zopiclone which was meant to be an aid !!!!
Anyone know what the hell is going on... Please x
   You should call you prescribing doctor immediately . This could be adverse side effects of the Zopliclone that is a short acting hypnotic drug usually prescribed for insomnia. Its not common but possible side effect. Your body is reacting negatively to it and you should listen. Please call your doctor before you take your next dose.
All the best.