Addiction Expert Forum
Tramadol cut off

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Tramadol cut off

I have a  herniated disc l5-s1, I have been on tramadol 2-50mg pills every 3-4 hrs due to the severe pain and vicodin as needed when therapy got really painful, the dr told me to take 2 pills but failed to change it in the computer now I'm cut off till 2 weeks from now . I'm in chronic pain and have about 25 vicodin left. I'm worried about the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms from the tramadol. If I take my vicodin  will it surpress my withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms enough to function or will it mask them till I'm out of vicodin and then unleash all at once. And is there something other than tramadol I can take if I'm going to  go thru withdrawal I don't wanna go back on it
Vicodin will probably suppress your withdrawal symptoms while in your system. Tramadol withdrawal is usually easier and faster than Vicodin. Usually will be 3 days and then starts getting easier. Have you spoken to your doctor about your plans to withdrawal? May be he can help you through your symptoms just for a short few days.
My doctor is the one who stopped the meds with no warning, when you say surpress do you mean I won't have the symptoms  at full strength or do you mean they will just be put on hold till the vicodin is out of my system , I'm only taking the vicodin now to alleviate my chronic back pain  while I work not to suppresses any symptoms, I go see the neurosurgeon in 4 days to schedule my surgery for my herniated disc because its that painful to move with out drugs, I don't take them to get high or abuse them