Addiction Expert Forum
Tramadol withdrawal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tramadol withdrawal

Can't find out what is happening..please help if you can... I have been taking Tramadol for  four years.200 mil a day for nerve damage..One week after a mastectomy reconstruction for breast cancer I forgot to get the Tramadol refilled and on the third day started going through withdrawal with severe anxiety and panic! I started taking it again as usual the next morning but the symptoms have continued for four months! I am basically afraid to even leave my house..the Dr. has recently put me on Klonopin which has helped a little but not really enough and I don't like the idea of taking a narcotic....my question is...is it possible to continue w/d after starting the drug back after three days of not taking it??  I don't know what to do now....Please help if you can..thank you
2126606_tn?1346348724
If you are taking Tramadol again and your symptoms have not subside, it could be that your tolerance has progressed and /or that the Tramadol was masking an anxiety issue.
You will have to work with your psychiatrist and try assessing the issue so you could have the appropriate solution.
Remember that long term Tramadol intake , usually becomes progressive. What I’m trying to say, is that if you are taking just so you do not feel withdrawal, you should start considering a detoxification . Maybe your doctor can assist you through it.
I hope you find answers and start feeling well soon.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now