Addiction Expert Forum
Valium addiction question
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Valium addiction question

Hi i take valium for anxiety and was wondering if taking zopiclone while on my break from valium will it turn into physical addiction, as in i take valium for a week max and then take a break for a week, is it ok to take zopiclone one or two days during this break from valium? also what is the longest valium withdrawals take to start? i went through mild withdrawals from internet valium for about 2 weeks and they started after 3 days. Any help appreciated. Thanks for reading. Also trying to find a good online cbt course or reading to help with my anxiety/depression if anyone knows one off hand
2126606_tn?1346348724
Dear Dothee,

Benzodiazepines can have withdrawals up to 2  to 3 weeks later…They are very complicated drugs with a number of side effect. Please look for a psychiatrist that can help you with your anxiety and depression and help you control your medication. Starting and stopping puts you through a chemical roll coaster that can aggravate the situation. Please look for the appropriate medical help. Good luck..
3 Comments
Blank
can anyone help?
Blank
Thank you, yes im planning on stopping very soon. what is the max length till withdrawals start? should i be ok if i still feel fine after 10 days of taking nothing?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now