Addiction Expert Forum
Vicodin Withdrawal???

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Vicodin Withdrawal???
I am feeling my pulse very strongly in all areas of my body...my legs, my back, my stomach, and my neck. I also feel little jolts of electricity throughout my muscles randomly. Everything heats up underneath my skin and then cools down...I also randomly get the sensation that something is tickling me from the inside...it comes in my stomach, the bottom of my feet, my calves, my sides and my arms. Is this serious? Could it just be withdrawals? I'm already on day 7 without Vicodin and was never a heavy user. I've used them sense last March (not quite a year).
My heart is beating very heavily. Should I go to the ER?
After 1 week of being off  you should been doing quite better at this point. It does not hurt to have yourself checked out medically to assure your safety and well-being .  Sometimes minimal medical intervention can be lifesaving. All the best.
The "jolts" are in fact withdrawl symptoms I've had them and they suck! It will take a little while for them to go away but talk to your dr they might be able to recommend something for you. And if your heart feels like it is about to jump out of your chest ( also withdrawl) I would call your hospital or nurse hotline or just go in always be safe rather then sorry.