Addiction Expert Forum
Weed while prego

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Weed while prego

I had smoked weed for years and when I got pregnant I slowed down, alot. At sixteen weeks I quit completley but I am terrified it will show up in the babys meconium (poop). I have heard so many things on how far back it goes. Please help
Dear Summer, if you stop completely before the 20th week of your pregnancy, nothing should show up in the meconium. Not only is the action of smoking itself is detrimental to the health of the baby, but we do not know how cannabis intake can affect the developing brain.
You want to eat right and stay away from all unneeded drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant and nursing or mothering young children. Please take good care of yourself and that way you can be sure you are taking the best care of your child!
I am currently twenty four weeks and I did stop smoking completley at sixteen weeks. I do not even consume caffenine. I eat healthy and excercise daily. I have heard lots of diffrent things regarding how far back testing of meconium shows drugs. I have heard that it shows back to sixteen weeks. I have also heard 12weeks and also 20weeks.i am tertified my baby could test positive and child services would get involved. I was in foster care when I was younger and I experienced abuse and neglect. I would never want my child to face that.