Addiction Expert Forum
Withdrawel

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Withdrawel

I have been on opiates on and off for 7 years. First due to a severe ankle injury requiring surgery. I became addicted. I have used Percocet methadone and OxyContin. I have had enough. I quit cold turkey 8 days ago. Can you tell me how long physical symptoms may last. Not sleeping and restless legs which I've had even before.  Thanks
If you had these symptoms before , maybe it is not part of the withdrawal but a separate issue that the opiates were masking. If it is part of the withdrawal , it should be getting better by now. Try not napping through the day and moving around as much as you can. Maybe Advil PM will help through the night with both issues.; If not discuss with your doctor how to treat them without opiates. By the way congratulations!!