Addiction Expert Forum
Xanax
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Xanax

When I was 28 weeks pregnant my mom gave me a xanax so I could sleep I was a victim of cdv.. I am now 37 weeks pregnant & have no more doc appointments just a scheduled c-section. I never failed a drug test.. Im just really concerned about the newborn drug screen.. Im in sc will they take my baby girl for this? &how do they test the baby...PLEASE HELP!!. Im a great mom and now After reading all these im really freaking out!
1684282_tn?1350782543
I would not worry about taking one Xanax. States and OBs do not go crazy over one pill. They, in fact, do everything possible to keep families together. In regard to drug testing the newborns, every state has different regulation and it may vary from hospital to hospital. It can also depend on your OB/midwife. What they tell you can very much depend on you, if you got regular and early prenatal care, very cooperative and followed all their instructions; if you present yourself as a caring and cared for mother to be, then there may not be any reason for them to test you. However if you or those around you send out warning signals with their presentation, dress or behavior, your health provider can very well test your baby's meconium (poop) without your consent. They can not test you without your express consent and knowledge.
You should be aware that your baby's meconium will show every drug you have used from the 20th week of pregnancy.
Please read my blog on pregnancy and addiction by clicking on my name in blue and than "blogs". Good luck to you.
2 Comments
Blank
Thank u! Are u a nurse? Ob? I'm hearing so many different things its unreal.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now