Addiction Expert Forum
alcohol withdrawal question

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

alcohol withdrawal question
I try not to drink two nights in a row.  I typically drink hard alcohol twice a week, sometimes more but never more than three times per week.  If I do drink two days in a row (a little more than a fifth total), will I go through withdrawal?  been reading on the internet about it and about how it can cause seizures?  Will that happen to me?  thanks and God bless.
What you do is called "binge drinking" and typically does not lead to withdrawals. I would still suggest that you visit your doctor and have a thorough work up to make sure that you are not low on some very vital vitamins. You also may want to discuss the possibility of being depressed or anxious, since alcohol is usually a self medication for one of those symptoms.
Please take good care of yourself and talk to your doctor as soon as possible.