Addiction Expert Forum
meth to function
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

meth to function

I can't seem to function without meth. It is the only thing that gets me our of bed and gives me motivation, I even tried to just take adderall (adderrall) but it isn't strong enough. I am to the point where I don't know what kind of mental disorder. chemical imbalance I have in my brain, I do know I have one and it many in my family have one. I have been on and off meds for 12 years. I am 26 and have been using meth on and off for nine years. I quit heroin and coke couple years ago. Can't kick the meth. I go to meetings, I take meds. I am completely miserable to the point where I just hope I die in my sleep. How am I suposed to quit using when nothing else seems to get me out of bed and get things done? .
Tags: meth, mental, meds
Related Discussions
1684282_tn?1350782543
I answered your question previously. Did you see it?
2 Comments
Blank
Hello,
Sorry to hear you are struggling w/meth addiction. I understand about not having energy
and trouble concentrating, focusing and getting tasks done. Dr.s say I do not have ADD but I swear I feel like it sometimes! 2 yrs ago my psychiatrist gave me a medicine called Provigil.
I only took it when I felt like my brain was "foggy" or I was really depressed. It really helped me focus & get things done during the day. Maybe after you deal w/your meth addiction, doctors may want to prescribe Provigil? It may help.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now