Addiction Expert Forum
methadone & pregnant

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

methadone & pregnant

Dear dr. so I'm 32 wks pregnant and have been off of percocets for three months now. unfortunately i still take about 5 mg of methadone a day. I've tryd to go without but i just feel so crappy & get no sleep about 24_48 hrs after none and end up taking methadone again . just want to know if i could just stop since the does is so low. i havnt told my dr. yet and don't want too really since the methadone isn't prescribed to me.?! Help
You have to think for two right now. Any withdrawal can affect the progression of your pregnancy and should not be done without your doctors knowledge. The other issue is that your baby might need assistance at birth and is VERY important for the doctor to know what you did take throughout your pregnancy. I am not sure about the legalities, but am concern with your wellbeing and your baby’s.
It's prob best to stay on it til u hav te baby because it cud hav an effect on te baby if u try to stop now