Addiction Expert Forum
methadone wds

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

methadone wds

Hi just want to say that you can get off methadone on your own, without detox I did it took my last 4mgs today no wds, how ever I wd the 4 months I decreased, but mild wd my highest dose was 80mgs, I decreased 5mgs a week every week till I got to 4mgs, took my last dose today no wds so every one is different I found out that your physical wds is in your mind thinking the worst is gonna happen not true, its 99 percent mental it was for me what saved me is this site and the people on medhelp not going to detox, its not needed for opiates, just time,heals staying active, also I have high bloodpressure and im 60 yrs old, took my blood pressure meds kept a eye on my blood pressure, sure it went up and down but that's pretty much norm. getting off a drug, some would say I did a fast taper, but everyone is diff. I was only on methadone for 7 months im sure that plays a big part, but my mind was made up to get off this horrible man made opiate, I never did H. iwas hooked on pain meds norcos of course ,I had no reason to get on methadone I should have ween off the norcos, it would have taken a much lesser time to get off 3 wks tops, not 4 months, so any people thinking of getting on methadone THINK TWICE you wish you didn't thank you some one that cares and god bless you. John
Dear John,

Thanks for sharing your story and give others hope.I wish you health and success.
God Bless you!!
thanks I just wanted to say if your set on something you can do it thank you, John