Addiction Expert Forum
methadone

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

methadone

I'm detoxing myself off methadone, after a bad morphine habit. I'm on my 13 th day since quitting but on my 6th day I took 25 mg for 3 days,for some relief. I hadn't slept in 4days. So now It's been 5 days since I had anything but I was also clean the five days prior to my 3 day stint. So does that put me back at the beginning or just set my detox back a little? I'm miserable and I haven't slept the last two nights and I didn't sleep much before that. How long will this last? Ive lost so much sleep the last two weeks, I'm hallucinating and I'm a wreck. Also, I had a detox seizure last year.
Once you put Methadone in your system, it will attached to your receptors, starting the process again. Methadone is a very hard and lengthy withdrawal. We treated it  in our hospital under medical supervision where we can medically speed the process. If you have had seizures in the past and is hallucinating for lack of sleep, you should seek medical attention ASAP. Do not put yourself at risk. Please look for help and stay safe.