Addiction Expert Forum
norco and methadone withdrawles
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

norco and methadone withdrawles

My Dr prescribed me Norco and methadone about two years ago for severe RA. Im 26years old now and I've been taking it as prescribed.. Not thinking I can get hooked, didnt know much about pain pills. Then I got pregnant, Drs taking me off all my other meds, I asked the Dr if my pain meds are ok to take while pregnant, he said it wouldn't harm the baby at all and kept prescribing me 125pills of Norco for the month and 30methadones. Im now 35weeks Prego and I have moved town.. Im seeing a new OB DR and when I should him what im taking for my RA, his mouth dropped! Other then telling me, I shouldn't take them he had no other advise for me. I seen him yesterday, scared for my baby, I stopped that night cold turkey thinking nothing of it. But I couldn't sleep and now Im even weaker then i usually am since im anemic. Baby use to move soooo much and now shes not moving as much as she was, im shaky, very jittery, i can't eat, i throw up when i eat. Reading these comments im guessing im going threw withdrawals. Do i keep going or am I hurting the baby? Is the 2nd day gonna be worse? Please someone tell me what to do.
2126606_tn?1346348724
You should NOT being doing this without medical assistance. You can jeopardize your pregnancy with this kind stress. Please call your doctor right now for further directions of what to do. Wish you the best for you and your baby.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now