Addiction Expert Forum
norco and methadone withdrawles

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

norco and methadone withdrawles
My Dr prescribed me Norco and methadone about two years ago for severe RA. Im 26years old now and I've been taking it as prescribed.. Not thinking I can get hooked, didnt know much about pain pills. Then I got pregnant, Drs taking me off all my other meds, I asked the Dr if my pain meds are ok to take while pregnant, he said it wouldn't harm the baby at all and kept prescribing me 125pills of Norco for the month and 30methadones. Im now 35weeks Prego and I have moved town.. Im seeing a new OB DR and when I should him what im taking for my RA, his mouth dropped! Other then telling me, I shouldn't take them he had no other advise for me. I seen him yesterday, scared for my baby, I stopped that night cold turkey thinking nothing of it. But I couldn't sleep and now Im even weaker then i usually am since im anemic. Baby use to move soooo much and now shes not moving as much as she was, im shaky, very jittery, i can't eat, i throw up when i eat. Reading these comments im guessing im going threw withdrawals. Do i keep going or am I hurting the baby? Is the 2nd day gonna be worse? Please someone tell me what to do.
You should NOT being doing this without medical assistance. You can jeopardize your pregnancy with this kind stress. Please call your doctor right now for further directions of what to do. Wish you the best for you and your baby.