Addiction Expert Forum
pantazocine

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

pantazocine

hi,i m malenurse and my very close friend taking inj.pantazocine from last 11 monyhs and now he wants to leave this drugs so pls suggest what to do?
Fortunately for him Talwin (penatozocine) is still a relatively easy one to get clean from, compared to some others, because the agonist/antagonist synthetic opiate in it is pretty short acting, staying in your system for only a few hours instead of days.  So he should only have to deal with severe symptoms for no more then a week to ten days. To ease his way he can taper them instead of going cold turkey.
The basic technique is to space out the pills in a consistent manner until he takes only one at night, then half at night and then none.He can try asking a physician to prescribe him some Requip for restless legs, Neurontin for overall distress, Clonidine for blood pressure and general anxiety control and maybe get some over the counter Valerian for sleep and sedation and chelated magnesium for muscle relaxation.
But he must be completely committed to the goal of quitting.  I have written a blog that has rather detailed information about options for detox. If you click on my name and then click on blogs you will see one under that heading.  Take a minute to read it. I hope you will find it helpful.  
The main thing of course is the decision that one makes and making it a priority in one's life, because that will determine what life will actually be and mean in the end.  I don't want to sound preachy but it is not a decision made one day, it is a decision  that will be made every day for the rest of one's life.  Good luck to you and your friend and take a look at my clinic website for even more info www.mdsdrugdetox.com
Thanks a lot,your answer is very inspiring and useful and I m sure it will give strength to leave for my frnd