Addiction Expert Forum
rapid detox from blues to subs

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

rapid detox from blues to subs

Hello me and my girl friend have been taking any were from 7 to 12 3o MLG perks for 3 years . We had to stop . We have had enough . So we bought 5 8 MLG suboxone . First day after 24hrs we took a quarter sub 2mlg each . Next day 2mlg again . Yesterday we took 1mlg each . Woke up this morning and took 1 MLG . We had a very high tolerance to opaites but need to stop . Does any one know if we are doing this method OK ?
I am not trying to get on suboxone !!!!! I just wanted to make are w.d symptoms minumial . Its been 4 days and I haven't even used a full 8 mlg strip .
I was on methadone for 9 years, quit that and got on suboxone.  I started at 20 mg a day and over a period of three years I weaned down to 4 mg a day by October 2011. From there I began a rapid detox taking only a barely visible sliver of an 8 mg strip 1 or 2 times a day until my last strip was gone by December 5, 2011. The biggest problem was inability to sleep at night. I never stopped working my job and took ibuprofen to combat the symptoms. It took three or four months to be able to feel completely free of withdrawal symptoms. Luckily my wife has never shared my addiction to opiates and was able to be there when I needed some moral support.  It's been over a year and a half and I am drug free. It was never easy but I stuck it out and am grateful I did.
Thank you for your story gives me hope to keep pushing !
my gf and I been heroin addict she went to jail, I went on suboxone on.5mg every 24 hours. there are ups and down on suboxone for me ive been on and off heroin a lot amd to tell u my experience,... withdrawals from heroin is painful physically but after 3days im good. suboxone on the other hand is more emotion, but if u have a gf by your side or someone all the time when emotion attacks u will be aight tapering down is IMPORTANT. im also new to suboxone but there are pro members who knows better