Addiction Expert Forum
severe back pain

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

severe back pain

I got injured about 3yrs ago with a back injury, and its never been treated with care from doctors who care and listen to what the problem is I'm having. So anyways my doses have increased on pain killers, and I just want to stop, but its so hard. Help please! Any suggestions?
Please be aware that the usually as you increase the dose , the pain will increase as well . I a phenomenon called Hyperalgesia. Please read more about it here: www.opiates.com/opiates/hyperalgesia.html . It increases your sensitivity to pain. Opiates should not be used for a long time because will cause physical dependency and Hyperalgesia. Most of the patients we see are chronic pain patient that lost control of their intake of pain medication. Speak to your doctor about non-narcotic options.