Addiction Expert Forum
suboxone drug screen

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

suboxone drug screen
my daughter is on suboxone. in her last drug screen she tested postive for opiates she said she was not taking should i beleive her?
I would be quite skeptical myself.  It should take a totally different test to pick up sub - - but wait for Doc Jeffs reply and dont do anything silly because of my input. Might be an exception along the line somewhere for something........ sub doesnt show up on the common drug screen that most employers use..................
Im not a doc, but i use to drug screen people for a living. And Suboxone does not show up as an opiate in a drug screen.
suboxon can and does show up as an opiate on a drug screen however you have to specifically test for it, same with methadone, when i took someone close to me to get a drug test i was shocked that the professionals at a private doctors office that advertise drug screnings did not know that it took a specialty test, so we walked out and i went downtown to talk to an er doctor i used to work with, he gave my friend the test and sure enough suboxone was in her system, also when i was in a custody battle the judge denied visitation because i was prescribed sub and it showed up in my hair test, this drug is an opiate so why wouldnt it show up as an opiate?
A related discussion, is saboxen bad for high blood pressure was started.