Addiction Expert Forum
suboxone levels low

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

suboxone levels low

I currently take 1 1/2 suboxone strips. I take a whole in the morning and the half about 3 in the afternoon. I also take ritalin as prescribed daily. When I get my urine tests back every two weeks the lab results say that my levels are too low. It is coming up negative for nor buprenorphine. They say it could be there but it is under the cut off of 30 mg/ml . One week the doctor called the lab and the lab  said something to this effect: Because the patient takes ritalin it pushes the nor-bup out faster than with a patient not taking ritalin. Therefore it doesnt have the proper time to build up in the patients metabolite. It is almost like there is no "back log"of the nor bup in my system. But my levels have always been consistant with in the last 6 months that I have been taking the medication. But NOW my doctor does not want to accept what the lab had to say that one day and I do take my suboxone EXACTLY as prescribed and I am afraid that I am going to get cut off. He pushes my buttons every visit and makes me cry and all I can do is tell the truth but he wont accept the truth he calles me names and makes me cry each time. I need to know why my levels are not as they should be. can anyone help?
Tags: low suboxone levels
I am not sure that this is the right place to ask the question, but my suggestion is for you to find another physician to manage your Suboxone or better yet, get off of it completely. When you are ready, come back and I will help you with that. Good luck to you and be well.