Addiction Expert Forum
subutex quick detox

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

subutex quick detox
does anyone know anything about the quick subutex detox method please?
Five years ago, when Suboxone was first released, it was used mostly for 'quick detox'.  Now it has been realized that most of those people simply kept using opiates, so most scripts are used for longer-term treatment.  

As for the method, different places did it differently;  some would simply ask the person to come in after being in severe W/D, and give them a couple Suboxone to relieve their symptoms, then let the Suboxone slowly wear off.  That is similar to using fluoxetine to help a person stop taking paxil.  Other places got people on a regular dose of Suboxone and then decreased it over a few days.  I write quite a bit about why Suboxone is NOT a good taper drug on my blog;  it is a very potent opiate, and the non-linear nature of the dose/response curve makes it a hard medication to use for a taper. Of the two methods I describe here, the former works better in my opinion, but only if you are going straight into treatment afterward.
I am not even sure such a method exists ........ you may be thinking of Ultra Rapid Detox of narcotics - - but Sub is a different animal........better ask the Doc or Pharmacist.......