Addiction Expert Forum
sudden withdrawal from tramadol

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

sudden withdrawal from tramadol
I am suddenly having to withdraw from large daily doses of tramadol (20+ pills daily for >4yrs)  I am 54 in good health except for cardiomyopathy and migraines that I started taking them for).  This is now 48hrs without and I have to go back to work in about 18hrs.  I can not go for medical help - no health insurance, plus I am a nurse so no one can find out.  
I don't have much advice for you-- tramadol withdrawal is quite severe for some people, and very mild for others.  You will likely have both opiate withdrawal symptoms and also 'ssri withdrawal' symptoms;  the way to avoid them would be a slow taper, but if that is not possible I don't have much to offer.  Like my prior posts today, I suspect your time using tramadol is not over--- if you end up back on it again, consider definitive treatment, nurse or no nurse.  The doses you describe could have easily caused you a seizure, while driving down a highway.
A related discussion, please help was started.