Addiction Expert Forum
tramadol

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

tramadol

why do doctors prescribe tramadol so long term? do they just wait for you to come in and say hey im hooked and cant function without this stuff. five years ive been on tramadol which i think is a wonder drug. it takes care of my pain, my anxiety and my depression the problem is i cant get enough. i get 180 50mg a month but take about 14 pills a day so i run out every month and i know thats my fault. i have asked dr.s the dangers in taking them and all i get is "theyve been using it in europe for years with no problem it perfectly safe" it seems the drug addicts ( no offence) on these forum sites know more about the dangers of tramadol and the wicked withdrawl (withdrawal) you go thru when you dont have the drug. i seriously want to quit but cant just put my life on hold while i writhe around in bed for a week. as a matter of fact i just ran to walmart and picked up 180 of them in the middle of this post i didnt want to but the mental anguish is too hard to bear i only took 3 50 mg and my mental state is better already. i dont really want to quit this drug because there are some great benifits from it for me. what i would like to see is the dr.s read some of these forums and limit the time they stay on them and automaticaly decrease dosage to avoid withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. speaking from personal experiance i would have quit taking or taken them more responsibly if i knew how severe the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms are. its the withdrawls that keep me coming back and the pain relife and other benifits that make me not want to quit. just thought id share that cause im sure there are plenty out there with a very similar story.... see why im torn
I appreciate your story and your sharing it with us. Please read my blog on Tramadol misuse by clicking on my name and then blogs and you will see what others have commented on it as well.  We deal with Tramadol addiction in out clinic all the time. Be well and good luck.