Addiction Expert Forum
withdrawal

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

withdrawal

can i come off paracetamol and codeine straight away, i have been useing them for over 20yrs yrs, i take 8 aday each tablet contains 500mg of paracetomal and 8mg of codeine, i take 2 at a time?
In most cases there are no major risks to withdrawing on your own but you have to keep in mind that there are a combination of factors to consider - your age, your health, how severe your withdrawal symptoms are and other specific issues you may have.  It is always better to have your prescribing physician aware of your plans and/or supervise you in case you need his assistance or if you have any questions throughout the process. Wish you a safe and fast withdrawal.
hi,
Could you find a doctor that really understands opiate tapers?  If you watch the videos, and read my doctor's website, you will understand how I tapered.  And perhaps you could find someone like him in the UK????
--His name is Dr. Stephen Scanlan of Palm Beach outpatient Detox....

Also, look for "benzowise doctors." Google that for a website...I find that these doctors often understand Opiate detox...there are other sites that feature the plan of Professor Heather Aston.  This is a different method than your doctor suggests--one that makes much more sense to me...that of substituting your opiate with a non-rewarding opiate with a long-half life.  Then tapering.....Give it some consideration, and see if there is a doctor that knows about this OR IS WILLING TO LEARN.

Hugs....thinking of you....Oh, listening to music (Pandora) through a headset has been my most helpful tool.

Anna (Marie)