Addison's Disease Community
Addisons disease and stress

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Addisons disease and stress

I have recently been diagnosed with addisons disease and was under the impression it was just stresses such as infections that made you struggle, however I was due to start a new job yesterday and the stress of it meant my levels dropped and I was suffering with the usual tell tale signs of nausea, low blood pressure dizzyness etc. Unfortunately this has meant that I couldnt go to my new job and cant see anyway of me ever being in a position to go back to work.
Stress is stress - for instance, I stress dosed when my mom died. So if your body is telling you that you need more - take it. I carry around 1/2 pills and whole 5mg pills and try to take the least amount to get me over - plus try to up my sodium (because in my case, that is what *I* need - you have to learn in your case what you need - it may be water, salt or whatever*).

I also add a bit more to travel and such - but you want to try not to do it so much that you are taking so much that you take too much. Too much is bad - too little is bad.

Dosing is so much fun... not... but I do try to add in the salt component as much as I can as sodium is a huge factor.