Addison's Disease Community
Addison's disease
About This Community:

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Addison's disease

This is a new forum. Topics and questions for this forum include :Addison's Disease, Adrenal Insufficiency; Hypocortisolism; Adrenocortical hypofunction; and Primary adrenal insufficiency,

FAQ:
What is Addison's DIsease?
Addison's disease effects the adrenal cortex and causes it to produce less hormones

* The immune system attacking the gland (autoimmune disease)
    * Infections ie tuberculosis, HIV, or fungal infections
    * Hemorrhage, blood loss
    * Tumors
    * Use of blood-thinning drugs (anticoagulants)

Welcome!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there I had a short synacthen test and my 1st blood test showed normal cortisol but I had no change after having acth injection does this mean i have addisons disease. I am a type 1 diabetic for 26 years.
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
Hello... this probably would have better belonged in a new thread...

Your one was normal - and it appears you maybe passed? the ACTH stim test (it is hard to tell - I have no idea if you started at a normal level or not) absent other information, it is really hard to tell. People can flunk the tests if they are on the cusp, on the other hand, there can be other diseases that have similar symptoms. Did you have antibody testing, sodium, potassium and ACTH testing as well?
Blank

This was the first test I have had they did no other testing he wants me to have another stim test in 2-3months to decided if it is addisons or not was just confused by the results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...