Addison's disease
This is a new forum. Topics and questions for this forum include :Addison's Disease, Adrenal Insufficiency; Hypocortisolism; Adrenocortical hypofunction; and Primary adrenal insufficiency,

FAQ:
What is Addison's DIsease?
Addison's disease effects the adrenal cortex and causes it to produce less hormones

* The immune system attacking the gland (autoimmune disease)
    * Infections ie tuberculosis, HIV, or fungal infections
    * Hemorrhage, blood loss
    * Tumors
    * Use of blood-thinning drugs (anticoagulants)

Welcome!
Hi there I had a short synacthen test and my 1st blood test showed normal cortisol but I had no change after having acth injection does this mean i have addisons disease. I am a type 1 diabetic for 26 years.
Hello... this probably would have better belonged in a new thread...

Your one was normal - and it appears you maybe passed? the ACTH stim test (it is hard to tell - I have no idea if you started at a normal level or not) absent other information, it is really hard to tell. People can flunk the tests if they are on the cusp, on the other hand, there can be other diseases that have similar symptoms. Did you have antibody testing, sodium, potassium and ACTH testing as well?

This was the first test I have had they did no other testing he wants me to have another stim test in 2-3months to decided if it is addisons or not was just confused by the results.