Addison's Disease Community
Do I have addisons disease
About This Community:

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do I have addisons disease

Hi I am 29 and have had type 1 diabetes for 26years. Since the birth of my daughter 11months ago I have been feeling nausea and really tired my blood tests show I have hypothyroidism but my endocrinologist is reluctant to treat me yet as my test started showing some improvement so he is hoping they improve more on their own even though they haven't in a year. he has recently tested me for Addison's disease which came back as equivocal. I had a synacthen test and for the baseline test my cortisol levels were healthy and normal but after having the ACTH injection my results remained blunted and didn't change much does this mean I have addison's disease.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
What was the baseline?

There could also be other issues - birth can cause pituitary issues - called Sheehan's syndrome. I would find out if you have more than one issue or if this is going to be progressive - and if this is related to the birth of your child. I would also find another doctor - why not be treated! That is silly.
Blank
Hi rumpled they never gave me the results just wrote me a letter saying the baseline was normal and a healthy level. He said thyroxine can cause other health issues so wants to be sure I need it but i agree with u it is silly.
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
I would get a copy of the testing. I would then take the testing and go to another doctor. It is not normal to just go straight to a stim test - the stim is the last test, not the first... normally one does all the base testing and see if there are other disorders first.

Sure, thyroid can cause a lot of issues - but so can low vitamin D, low  iron, low sodium, low etc etc etc - so without knowing what you got tested and what you are dealing with - SILLY...  You are entitled to a copy of the exact testing.
Blank
I hope another doctor has given you right advice.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank