Addison's Disease Community
Does this sound like Addison's?

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Does this sound like Addison's?

I started getting some symptoms back in high school (approx. 14 years ago).  Over the years the symptoms came and went but were mainly manageable.  When I stopped birth control pills 2.5 years ago my symptoms got 1000% worse plus developed new ones!

Current Symptoms:
- increased heart rate from laying/sitting to standing by 30 beats a minute (on a good day) to 70 beats a minute (on a bad day)
- blood pooling in feet/legs when sitting and worse when standing
- Dizziness (really bad when standing)
- Reactive Hypoglycemia (within an hour of most meals my levels drop to 3.2 mmol.  The lowest I have tested myself is 2.1 mmol
- bad nausea and digestive problems like constipation and bloating
- headaches
- bad period issues - horrible cramps, headaches, nausea
- heat intolerance (the last month or so I feel like I have a low grade fever)
- exercise intolerance (get too out of breath from doing normal household chores like laundry/walking up stairs, etc.  I am 5'10 and 150 pounds so not overweight and use to be very very active)
- lack of energy
- intolerant to soy, gluten & dairy

Symptoms Worse:
- in the mornings
- when I get too warm
- before and during my period

My Family Doctor has finally referred me to an Internal Medicine Specialist so just waiting for that app't.

I went and saw a Naturopath recently and took them some past blood work results.  She said my high MO could be a sign of chronic low grade mono. (I did have mono in high school).  But I wondering if this sounds like I could have POTS or Addison's (I have read that mono is one of the causes of both).

Any insight?
The drop in BP is a sign of POTS so that should be evaluated. Many of us with AI/Addison's also have POTS but not all.

Have you had any electrolyte testing - has your sodium or potassium been off? That is a huge factor in knowing if you have AI/Addison's.

A lot of symptoms you listed are *general* in that they are symptoms of AI - but could be attributed to many other things as well, so you have to get a good doctor - usually an endocrinologist! - to rule in or out hormones as a cause. While a good internist is wonderful, most don't know how to test hormones properly as timing and as well the correct set of tests is crucial - heck most endos are not that skilled so patients have to be pretty educated to know to go at 8am fasting!

So, after you get some tests under your belt, it will be easier to tell but you do have some symptoms that make it that the docs should test you!