Help please.
I have Addison's Disease does anyone else of 18 have it? I like in a small town and I have yet to find anyone who has it. I have the Flu right now...can that affect my addisons?
There a many people of many ages that have it. For sure the flu DOES effect it - and you should get instructions from your doctor on how to stress dose to keep yourself out of trouble. In general, the rule of thumb is fevers above 99 require a doubling of dosage for a time until you feel better then you can taper back to your normal dose. Your doctor has to give you extra medication every month (or script) so you have extra always. You should also have a medic alert bracelet, as well as an *emergency kit* that has a needle, an IM dose of solu-cortef or solu-medrol (an acto-vial is preferred), alcohol pads, and a good doctor will also give you zofran or phenergan or the like to prevent vomiting as the loss of sodium is the real bad issue with addison's.

There are sites to read that have information that is helpful - and some like this one can also connect you to others in either face to face meetings or on line meetings.

Do you know the source of your addison's? Please see a doctor ASAP re your flu so you get treated - any illness that is not covered adequately when one has a low immune system and not stress dosing can be life threatening. Be sure to up fluids and salt and steroids and listen to your endo.