Addison's Disease Community
Monthly Question

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Monthly Question

What is in YOUR emergency kit and what do you carry it in? What else do you carry in case of emergency?

For example, I carry my solu-cortef or solu-medrol act-o-vial, IM needle, extra alcohol pads, instructions on how to use the act-o-vial and give a shot (as when I need it, I am or may not be in condition to do it myself), small nalgene bottles with extra cortef and zofran (labeled), and my list of medications that has what I take and when, who scripts it, and why I take it, as well as my surgeries and my allergies. I carry this in a small zippered pencil bag that I keep thinking I will label EMERGENCY but so far... I have not. :( I do check on my kit periodically to change out the act-o-vial and alcohol pads etc. I also carry another pill carrier that has extra medications that I take, as well as allergy pills (generic benedryl) and salt tablets.

I know others have different *kits* and kit holders - what is in your kit?