Addison's Disease Community
Nausea tips?

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Nausea tips?

Hi, I'm only 13 and I have addisons i struggle daily with nausea. I need some tips because my parents have no idea what this nausea feels like and say I'm exaggerating it. Anything would help thanks!!??:)
OTC (over the counter) things that work are typically ginger related - fresh ginger made into tea, ginger candies that contain actual ginger etc.

Sometimes you can use sea-sickness pills that are OTC - but that may or may not work as they are anti-vert, and so... it is not the same thing.

Since low salt is usually the issue, up your sodium and see if that helps. High salt foods but then you may have to watch the extra calories and fat that may come with them, and sometimes depending on your body, some have extra potassium that may or may not be good for you so you have to be cautious.

Gatorade (high sugar, high potassium), tomato juice or V-8 (high potassium), potato chips (high fat), olives (high fat), pickles and pickle juice, stuff like that can help when you feel bad. I even use those bouillion cubes in veg, chicken or whatever to get enough salt when I am sick - and ramen is actually good for us with the high salt content (but can be high calorie too).

I use salt tablets and salt my food. I typically use sea salt as it tastes better - but ironically that has lower sodium.

If you are diagnosed Addison's and your parents don't take your nausea seriously - that is pretty bad - it is not a good sign. For me it is a low and a sign things are about to go bad. Just had a bad *bucket day* the other day and had to up my meds and was sick all day for a couple of days - for really no reason other than I was too active.
theyve tried things but have given up. My doctors never have heard of addisons until i was diagnosed so they get confused. I have zofran but i can only take 2 a day in the lowest mg so they dont help much. Should I try and have her take me back to the doctor?
What  have you tried?
Zofran is what I take. There is also phenergan if zofran does not work but it can make you more sleepy.

I would journal  your symptoms and get your mom to take you back to the doc. When you journal, if you can be specific about what, and if any causes like stress or weather (low pressure systems effect me but it took a while to get that found out) and what you ate to find out triggers and see what is going on.

They have to see if there are other reasons too - allergies, diet, other auto-immune issues etc. So search around for journal ideas and keep that up. They even have them here and I think they are now printable.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/Autoimmune is one tracker - there are others that may be more helpful.
Thanks ill start logging:) and show my doctor next time i go in!!:))
Phenegran is my go to. If I'm nauseous from low salt, plain Lay's potato chips are a Godsend (you'll know if that's the key if the thought of most food makes you feel sick, but the thought of something very salty makes you hungry). I've been dealing with AI "developing" for 2 years and will tell you the nausea gets better once you get your medicine balanced for you (figuring out your dosing schedule). You may also want to take your medicine with a little food or with a fizzy drink; hydrocortisone has to be the worst tasting medicine ever and I can only get it down with Mountain Dew. :-)
I just saw this post and had to laugh!  I was diagnosed with AI a month ago. One of the foods I crave is a Lays potatoe chip sandwich!  Bread, mayo and a mound of chips crushed in between the bread!  When I eat it I swear it is the best thing ever!
A lot of people also go with ginger ale, ginger candy and ginger tea.

I love the chips too - but my waistline does not... :(
need,to,heal,your,adrenals-no,carbs-it,feeds,the,yeast,which,live,off,hornones-read,"the,yeast,syndrone"-best,best,on,yeast,problens-this,is,serious-2x,day,try,dr,kirschner's,lettuce,n,celery,drink-when,u,heal-you,ll,have,NO,nausea-keep,on-ps-keep,celery,sticks,under,pillow-eat,in,nite-or,b4,u,,get,up,in,am-no,carbs-no,caffeine,or,other,stinulants-