Addison's Disease Community
Re Addison's- Any thoughts or interpretation on these results?

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

My first cortisol test came back at 2.1
was then referred for a stim test, results below

The stim test- baseline first serum was at 4.7 ug/dl 11am
IM  injection of coysyntropin at 1130 AM

1200 pm- 2nd serum draw - 14.0 ug/dl

1230 pm -3rd serum draw- 20.01 ug/dl

I need to note that I am on 5 mg a day of prednisone for over a year.
I take 2.5 mg in am , and 2,5mg in evening
The doc did not have me fast prior , nor have me free of the prednisone for 24-48 hrs prior to doing the stim test.
they advised me to take my daily meds as normal.

Any thoughts or interpretation on these results?
Other than your doc is an endidiot? He should have switched you over to dexamethasone or had you not take your medications - as the test just recorded the prednisone... so... I don't know what the point of the test was... as it came out normal - you were 2x the baseline.

You should be fasting before the test - as well, the test should be done at 8am, as well as the meds matter...  Ideally, one should do this test before meds are given. As well as all the other baseline testing.
Thank you so much Rumpled... That was exactly my concern.. >>>( he wasnt an endo ..is a internal med doc. That might of been the problem, not understanding how to correctly do the test, most likely he may not do them often or at all . )  

I am going to request that he repeat the test , with me beginning at 8 am . I have went a few days without the prednisone before..but boy do i feel it . Now i just have to figure out how to tactfully get him to repeat the test. the symptoms are all there...so..would be nice to either rule in or out a final dx.
I would instead go to an endo. You need baseline testing. Another thing is that pred is not a preferred treatment (it has a lot of side effects even though dosing is easy) as HC is much preferred as it is much more like what the body naturally produces and the half life is shorter so you could go off in a day and take a test.

Pred cannot be stopped like that you must TAPER! You can go into crisis and die. You may also need other meds like florinef. It really pays to have an expert on hand.