Addison's Disease Community
effects of addison's disease on menpoause
About This Community:

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

effects of addison's disease on menpoause

Please don't disregard my question just because Addison's affects only 1 in 100,000 people. I have had Addison's for 15yrs, and I am now 50yr old. Please tell me how if any does/can Addison's affect menopause time lapse (ie. maybe shorter, or longer than a normal female?), severity of hot flashes, and lately, I'm beginning to think I'm nauseated all the time. Can this be a symptom? I have not had a period for about 5 months, and the ones before that were scant and irregular. My hot flashes are horrible, but I have not experienced any dryness to cause me any discomfort. I'm also worried about my bones, of course, especially with a sister that has just been diagnosed with Padget's Disease. Please help! I DO communicate with my MD, and I owe him my life because he's the one who did the diagnosing, and  neddless to say, I trust him with my life. But, I get the impression that Addison's Disease is not one of the top 50 illnesses discussed in our country, and I can deal with that. Just someone tell me if I will react any differently than the normal 50yr old female when it comes menopause. Thanks so much!!