Addison's Disease Community
effects of addison's disease on menpoause

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Please don't disregard my question just because Addison's affects only 1 in 100,000 people. I have had Addison's for 15yrs, and I am now 50yr old. Please tell me how if any does/can Addison's affect menopause time lapse (ie. maybe shorter, or longer than a normal female?), severity of hot flashes, and lately, I'm beginning to think I'm nauseated all the time. Can this be a symptom? I have not had a period for about 5 months, and the ones before that were scant and irregular. My hot flashes are horrible, but I have not experienced any dryness to cause me any discomfort. I'm also worried about my bones, of course, especially with a sister that has just been diagnosed with Padget's Disease. Please help! I DO communicate with my MD, and I owe him my life because he's the one who did the diagnosing, and  neddless to say, I trust him with my life. But, I get the impression that Addison's Disease is not one of the top 50 illnesses discussed in our country, and I can deal with that. Just someone tell me if I will react any differently than the normal 50yr old female when it comes menopause. Thanks so much!!
-8 Comments Post a Comment
I Have  addisons disease along with moya moya disease
and they are both immune causing diseases which if you get sick it's harder to get rid of colds or anything like that. Also, addison causes
nausea your heart rate to into low 40's this disease is life threating
but , you are right no discusses this disease because doctors  wait to you cortsol levels until you are about between 60-70 because that's when you start lose a lot of natural cortsol  in your body.
you a lso  get terrible hot and cold flashes  it's just a part of addison disease also make sure you keep a healthy diet and sugar level
at a good rate because you'll get cravings for any type of sugar like cookies  cake that sort of thing especially if  you are on steriods.
i hope i hekped you out a little

kitkat1726