Aa
A
A
Close
i think i might have addison's disease
So around end of april 2012 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after going to the doctor for muscle pain/ muscle weakness and shortness of breath when exercising. However the other day I chose to google why do i feel like throwing up when i get hungry which lead me to addison's disease. So i looked it up and found that I have quite a few of the symptoms. I find it hard to stay motivated on one thing and will quickly find myself doing something else. I also sleep for at least 7-9 hours a night but still find myself tired when I get up.my body also hates suden changes in temptures and it normaly leaves me itchy.Then yesterday i went to the doctors to find out why I lost a quarter of a stone in a month without changing anything in my diet leaving me at 7 stone. When i have been trying to gain weight. So the doctor request i go for a blood test to find out why to which I have one next friday.  So I'm afraid that something like this or something just as worse will show up on the blood test. However some of these symptoms I have gained over the year could just be my fibromyalgia.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
In general, Addison's people throw up when they are sick (aka a crisis), not when hungry. It occurs due to the imbalance of sodium and potassium. Do you have abnormalities in sodium or potassium?

A lot of symptoms are general, but the specifics on it is that it is a salt wasting disease. Do you have low blood pressure?

What time are you going for the test - and what test? Normally, you would need several tests of hormones and electrolytes, and tests over time. Since cortisol normally varies, it is good to see a pattern plus get the other hormones as well. Then a stim test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Addison's Disease Community Resources