low platelet with addisons diease
im 33 female i have addisons and a seizure dysorder in the last yr i have had to have 12 blood transfusions but the dr cant tell me why i keep needing them i take topamax 200mg twice a day and hydrocortizon 20mg twice a day over thanksgiving i got a tummy bug and had an addrinal crises and ended up in the hospital for 4 day and another 3 units of blood i beg to get out of the hospital on the 4th day cause i have a 2 yr old and a job i had to get back to just to realize i should have stayed a little longer to make sure i was really over what was going on now its a week later and i have increased my hydrocortizon increased salt but feel terrible the blood work shows everything in on the low side of normal but still in the normal range so what do i do nothing is low enough for the dr to do anything about but the big problem is that i know if i let it go on and just let them all get lower and lower i will start having the seizurs and thats really bad and i end up back in the hospital so what do i do and why am i not making platelets and if i am why is my body destroying them help
I assume you are under the care of a hematologist? They have ruled out all the standard stuff? Parasites? Imaged you all over?

There is a rare disease study at NIH - you may want to get your doctor to contact them?