Addison's Disease Community
low platelet with addisons diease

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

low platelet with addisons diease

im 33 female i have addisons and a seizure dysorder in the last yr i have had to have 12 blood transfusions but the dr cant tell me why i keep needing them i take topamax 200mg twice a day and hydrocortizon 20mg twice a day over thanksgiving i got a tummy bug and had an addrinal crises and ended up in the hospital for 4 day and another 3 units of blood i beg to get out of the hospital on the 4th day cause i have a 2 yr old and a job i had to get back to just to realize i should have stayed a little longer to make sure i was really over what was going on now its a week later and i have increased my hydrocortizon increased salt but feel terrible the blood work shows everything in on the low side of normal but still in the normal range so what do i do nothing is low enough for the dr to do anything about but the big problem is that i know if i let it go on and just let them all get lower and lower i will start having the seizurs and thats really bad and i end up back in the hospital so what do i do and why am i not making platelets and if i am why is my body destroying them help
I assume you are under the care of a hematologist? They have ruled out all the standard stuff? Parasites? Imaged you all over?

There is a rare disease study at NIH - you may want to get your doctor to contact them?