Addison's Disease Community
poor healing
About This Community:

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

poor healing

ive typed this so i will shorten it. in sept i had a horrible addys crash. intensive care 5 days. discharged with 27 lbs water weight gain, which left oozy pusy sores on my left leg. no dr could help me, but finally found a dermatologist who could. i keep reinjuring this leg. it is hyperplasia, darker than the other, this time, i fell into a metal something, so its actually a 2 inch wide deep punctue wound, 3 weeks now. was getting better, until 2 days ago. had a appt with my rheumo, he had no real words of advice except its bad, red, etc...i am uninsured. i started pouring sterile saline on it, and of course antibiotic salve. idk what to do. the er started this back in sept my leg has never been the same, i know i do not heal well, so do they. any suggesions, besides the er/? this is starting to frighten me. i fall a lot. have multiple auoinmmune issues that i cannot afford to see a dr about and am deathly afraid of going to a free clincic, as i am sick of being a guini pig. any help would be appreciated.
657231_tn?1390151580
If you have Addison's (as well at the multiple other auto-immune disorders that you have), it is highly probably that you are immuno-compromised and thus healing will be slow.

If you are on steroid replacements for your Addison's - which you should be - that can also inhibit healing. Depending on the dose (which given the other disorders may be higher than a normal replacement dose) you may have steroid induced Cushing's - in which case that may be creating another set of issues.

What dose of steroids are you on? Is your BP high or low? Any sodium or potassium issues? Are you replacing florinef as well?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...