Addison's Disease Community
what test do you need for addison's disease

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

I have had a stroke and heart attack and I have A-fib.  I was thought that I had kidney problems at one point and it was a problem with my adrenal glands.  I also have thyroid problems.  My doctor has done every kind of test that he can think of and now I am dizzy every morning and evening.  I looked on the internet and saw that addison's disease may be what I have.  I need to know what type of test that I need in order to determine if any I may have this disease?
Your doc can start with an 8am fasting serum cortisol and ACTH, aldosterone, renin, dhea sulfate to begin with. If those are abnormal, then the doc can do a ACTH stim test.

Are you seeing an endocrinologist or a GP? Have they done any scans?