Adoption Community
Adopting My Sister-in-Law's Baby.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Adopting My Sister-in-Law's Baby.

I hope that this site is still active, because I could Really use some advice.
Recently, my Sister-in-Law, Abbie, informed me that she was pregnant.  This was a very somber conversation due to stress she is getting from the Baby's Father.  As it stood, Abbie was not sure and highly doubted herself when it came to having a child to care for.  And she still is not completely sold on her abilities to care for her baby.  The Father and his Family is Telling her to have the Child Aborted due to the Potential Health Risks to the Child because of the Medications that he is on.  Abbie does NOT want to Abort, she is Very Sincere in her Urge to let the Baby Live.  After talking to her a while, her and I discussed the Possibility of Myself Adopting the Child.  And she is not against the idea.  I told her that I would get more information while she debated the Newest Option given to her.  I know Nothing about Adoption and I want to know how to go about having this accomplished in case she decides that Me Adopting the Child is the Option she wants to pursue.  Can you please give me some information and tell me what steps that we need/will need to take as we go forward?