Adoption Advice
What to expect when trying to adopt? What things do they look at when they do the house inspection? What are things we can do to prepare the house for the house inspection like things we can buy. Any advice would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks :)
Hi, I just had my homestudy done in Feb 2012 and it was a good experience. A social worker will come out to your house and look for safety concerns. Ours was interested in smoke detectors, extinguishers, baby gates. She will also interview you about very personal issues to get "the big picture" of your family. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions!
Thanks so much for replying :) so what kind of questions do they ask then? Do they ask other family members about you too? Or is the interview just with the prospective adoptive parents?
The interview is usually just with the adoptive parents. She/he will ask about your life history such as where you grew up, schooling, family life, relationships with your immediate family. They will also ask about your medical history, physical and mental health as well as your relationships with others living in your home, work history, the list goes on and on!

In our situation they also separated us and interviewed my husband and I separately. They asked both of us what the others strengths and weaknesses were. Things like that...its a good experience but very personal!