Adoption Community
Adoption

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Adoption

I am only 26 but one day i would love to adopt i think its the most amazing thing to adopt a baby.My sister and brother n law adopted a little girl she was a new born and she is now 2 1/2 i think its the most amazing thing to do..She is the best baby.I would like to know what it takes to adopt because when they adopted they didn't go threw agency. I would just like to know what it takes to adopt.Because one day i would love to do it...
My husband and I have just started the adoption process, and number 1 I would say it takes money.  Unfortunately, most adoption situations are rather expensive.  Mine will cost around $20,000.

Feel free to let me know if you have any detailed questions as I would love to talk to you about the process.
Hi! I am also 26 and looking to adopt next year.  If money is not an option for you and you are willing to adopt a child that has a few difficulties, you can do so for no cost through DYFS.  You can check out their website in your state and they can send you info.  They mostly have older children, however sometimes they do have a fost-adopt program that has young ones.  Good luck!