Adoption Community
How do I explain to my daughter about her bio father
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

How do I explain to my daughter about her bio father

My ex-husband stepped out when my daughter was 9 months old,but even before that he never had anything to do with her. It was a vivid three seconds a day that she would even see him, and that was when he would walk through the bedroom to go upstairs, which he never would speak or interact with her... so of course being so young, she has no memory of him. The man I am with now is who my daughter knows as daddy, she calls him daddy and so does everyone else. He treats her as if she was his own, they have a beautiful bond and I am so happy to have found such a wonderful man who would take my daughter in the way that he has. After termination of parental rights are finished with (He hasnt seen my daughter since the day he left, nor tried to contact or ask anyone about her), we are going to let the man I am with now, adopt my daughter... he has asked and I am perfectly fine with it, because I want her to have a "daddy" in her life and I think that it is absolutely precious that he wants to take her as his own. We have had the conversation multiple times on how we would ever tell her how things came to be the way that they are. My daughter calls the man I am with, daddy and if it were up to me, I would never tell her about her sperm donor, but I know somewhere in the future, unfortunately someone will probably accidentally slip up and say something in front of her.... I dont want to face that conversation, because It will be heart breaking to tell her someone didnt want to take on the responsibilities and help raise her... but a more wonderful man stepped in and helped raise her. How do I even tell her if the question comes up?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adoption Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank