I was adopted.
I am 14 years old. I was adopted when i was about 5 or 7 years old. I kinda remember what they look like but also remember a couple other things. I want to know a little more about my birth parents but i can't find anything that would help me. I want to learn some of the History of my birth parents. Also the health problems. Right now my dad and mom that adopted me told me that my birth mother was about 16 or something  of a young age that when my birth mother was pregnant with me she did some bad stuff. She drank, smoked and probably other things i don't know about. But from what she did I got ADHD and maybe other stuff i might not know about. I need know if they had health problems in there history. Can you please help me.
There is an open-records advocacy group with the rather dramatic name of "Bastart Nation" (change the t to a d, I just typed it like that so the software would not block the word) that has a list on its site of whether or not you can get access to your adoption records.  If your parents adopted you legally, they should also have the paperwork.  Here is the link to the adoption-disclosure laws page I was referring to.  At least you could then see if you can access the information through the state.

http://www.bastards.org/state-adoption-disclosure-laws-at-a-glance/#laws