Looking to adopt
My husband and I are having a hard time trying to conceive. He had mentioned adoption even before we were having difficulties. We have been talking about it more and would love to! The only thing is we don't know where to start! Please help!
Start by getting a home study, all reputable adoption agencies require them and even in private adoptions, the state will doubtless require it.  
Do I contact my county to do that?
I am currently in the process of adopting a baby due in August. I'm in a private adoption the birth mother found me. But if you contact an adoption lawyer and tell them you're interested in adopting he will help you along the way as in a home study which is performed by a social worker.
Hi!  I just started the adoption process in January..It might be helpful if you meet with a local adoption agency and/or an adoption attorney to discuss the process. They will walk you through all the steps and tell you where to go to get a home study completed. Each state has different requirements, for example, I live in NH and our state required an 8 hr training class on adoption in addition to a home study.  I'd do tons of internet research too! MedHelp is a great place to start!
Are you considering a domestic or international adoption?
Thank you for your advice! We were thinking of domestic adoption being best for us.
Thank you for all the helpful tips!
We prefer a domestic adoption. Did you choose domestic or international?
We are doing a domestic adoption too :) We chose a domestic because we really wanted a newborn. I did a lot of internet research and found that most international adoptions include children 6mos or older because most countries have a 6 or 9 month waiting period for adoptive families.

I thought of one more route you could take for a domestic adoption....you can also adopt from the foster care system. You can get state contact information on the Adoptuskids website. Your state worker will be able to tell you about what is required for your state.

Enjoy the process! It's going to be worth it in the end!
I contacted my county and they sent us info about fostercare. Its such a little step but I can't help but be super excited!
Congrats! It really is super exciting! It can be overwhelming at times and also lots of waiting around but most of all EXCITING!
I just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I can't bring myself to do abortion. I have 4 live children right now that mean the world to me. This is my 7 pregnancy 2 miscarriage. I can't keep this baby but I can't bring myself to kill it. I don't care for adoption places. Any advice