Adoption Community
Please do not judge me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Please do not judge me!

i am a nice honest women when i was younger i got dared to rob some earings ou a shop stupidly i did it i am glad i got caught i never did it again......
when i was 17 i saw my friends boyfriend hitting her as i tried to stop him he went for me and i retaliated he ended up with a bloody nose i now no i shouldnt of got involved and i am so silly but when i was litttle i saw my dad hit my mom and i hate stuff like that no 5 yrs on from that and 11 yrs on for the petty theft they still show on my records i only recived cations
i am struggling trying to concieve (conceive) but my mom and my stepdad fostered for 7 yrs and i always wanted to foster and now i am ready to adopt and i have a sinking feeling i wont be able to will i have chance to put my point across??
So you're asking if you would be able to adopt with a criminal record? I'm not sure about that, but I would think that in order to adopt, they look at a lot of things, criminal record being one of them (I think). I'm pretty sure there is a background check run on anyone, just to make sure they aren't putting children with pedophiles and child molesters, things like that. I think they take a look at your entire living situation, including your medical history, finances, etc.. Adopting a child is expensive and there are people that are on waiting lists. If you are serious about adopting, you might want to speak to an attorney to make sure you are eligible before pursuing the matter further.

I have a question...how did you receive a citation at the age of 10 for petty theft? You mentioned that was 11 yrs ago... I guess you could always start with doing a background check on yourself (if you haven't already) to see what comes up.
i am 22 in 2 days lol
so it was 11 yrs ago i was 11
i have a background chenk and they come up but i have looked into it lot and spoke to an agency it works completley different here as i am in england we dont have to pay a penny and they are crying out for adopters as there are thousands of children needing homes
as long as i havent harmed or abused a child i shud be ok i will be quetioned at panel but my intentions of the situation was honest so i guess i will be ok x
Oh wow! I didn't realize how many children need homes in England with no  prospective parents! That is really sad! Maybe that could be something for the people on this forum to look into, that want a child! Sorry I don't have any more advice for you, I don't know how it works in England, and in the U.S. every state is different. I hope everything works out for you and I hope you will keep us posted.
i will thankyou so much hunni xx